Wednesday, July 30, 2014

WEEK 2

Dear Mom,

This week flew by! I learn so much every day and I'm just trying to retain it all. We have officially learned everything I learned with my three years of Spanish, so now I have to study even more to make sure I still understand what is going on. I'm very grateful I took Spanish.

This week was great. We have been teaching our teachers. Haha, that sounds so funny. Our teachers pretend to be investigators that they have taught or have known in the past and we teach them discussions. Then they turn back into our teachers and tell us what we did wrong. It's kind of funny, but it is going pretty well. My companion, Hermana Leavitt, and I committed two investigators to baptism this past week! It was crazy to feel the love Heavenly Father has for these people. If I feel this good about teaching my teacher, I can't even imagine how amazing it will be to teach a real-live person. We are starting TRC tomorrow, which is a program that the MTC has come up with. We get new investigators and it is role play too, but some of the investigators are real. It kind of scares me, but I know that the Lord will help us. We will always be inadequate until do our part and then leave it all to the Lord. He knows that person and will teach them through the spirit.

I sang in the choir this week. We sang, "Hurrah for Israel." The choir director explained to us that we, as missionaries, are gathering the 10 tribes of Israel. They are everywhere and they are waiting for us and we need to find them. If we listen to the spirit, then He will guide us and direct us. John H. Groberg, the author of "The Other Side of Heaven", came and taught us about bearing our testimonies. It doesn't have to be over the pulpit on Sunday. We can bear our testimonies by:

1. What we say

2. What we do

3. What we sing

4. What we pray

5. What we write

6. Who we are

Bear your testimony through everything you do. I promise you will help someone around you. Thomas S. Monson said, "You can't measure the influence of good."

I love you!

Love,

Hermana Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment