Monday, February 23, 2015

Lots of Food!

Food that we cooked! We eat everything with Mayonesa.

Our torta that looks awful but was delicious!!

I found Hermana Christiansen!!! :)

Wow, this week has been quite long. We went to Rosario two times. Once, was to practice singing for the choir, and the other was to have a special conference with Elder Avila! He is part of the seventy. Presidente and Hermana Zanni and Elder and Hermana Avila talked to us. And wow, did I learn a ton. This is the part that stuck out to me:

In 3 Nefi 17:9-10 Jesus is talking to the people in the Americas. He says that the people that aren't sick need to bring the people that are sick to Him so that He can heal them. And AFTER the non-sick people bring the sick people to Jesus, they can be with Him too. I learned that we can't be with Jesus unless we bring someone else with us. We need to help our fellow man. We need to serve and love everyone around us so that we can all be with Jesus and we can all feel His love and partake of His sacrifice for us.

I also learned in D&C 101:55-57, Heavenly Father needs His WHOLE house in order to complete His work. He doesn't just need missionaries. He needs young people, he needs mature people, he needs all the members of the church to come together and help bring to pass His work. I loved it!

After we had the conference, we went to an unlimited buffet. It was so delicious! I tried octopus for the first time, and it was so good! I also learned that an egg roll is called an empanada chino here. So funny!

Thank you all so much for all your prayers!!!! Jorge did super amazing this week! This weekend in South America was carnival. Everyone drinks and parties for about 3 days. Jorge didn't drink at all and he came to church!!! Can you believe it?? We were so happy for him and we are praying his baptism is soon! :)

Claudia and Angel are now having problems. I don't know why. They both came to church this week, but something happened and now Angel says that he isn't going to come to church again.....we are trying super hard to figure out what happened and how to help him. Please pray for them!

Valentina and Marcos are doing well! They really understood the plan of salvation this week. They progress slowly, but they are progressing. And they have a hard time going to church because they are really old, so next week we are going to focus on getting them to sacrament meeting.

Hermana Cerna loves to cook! Which is super good because it is super delicious..but bad because I think I'm going to gain like 20 pounds this transfer. ;) But it is super fun and I am learning a ton! I love it!!

I love you all!

Love,
Hermana Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment