Monday, October 12, 2015

Great Week!

We had a super normal, awesome week! We were able to teach a lot of people and I am loving every moment!

We were able to teach Martín this week! He is so smart and he really has the desire to learn more. He came to the church with information about his great-grandparents in order to do family history! and we also taught him the plan of salvation and he really understood it well. He also watched 4 of the 5 sessions of general conference in his house! He just needs to come to church on Sunday in order to progress more.

We found a couple that we are excited to teach. They are Lilia and Omar. They are in their 60`s are really open to talking to us. They let us in their house and showed us all the photos of their kids and grand kids and great grand kids. The family is the most important for them. We left them with a pamphlet to read..so hopefully they will read and we will go back to teach them. :)

We met a lot with the Flia. Llancafil this week. They are the best! We felt very inspired to make a timeline from now until 2033 in order to help them see what is really coming in the future. We put big goals, such as when their daughter is going to be baptized, when they want to get sealed in the temple, when they want to move, their 10 year anniversary, things like that. It helped them a lot to see the big picture and what they need to do NOW in order to obtain their goals. I remember when my daddy sat down with me and did the same thing for me, and I loved it because I knew what my daddy expected of me and the goals that he had for me, like when I was going to enter young women's, start dating boys, graduate from high school, everything. I am grateful for the example of my parents. :)

This week we ate lunch with members and we ate cow heart!!!!! But they didn't tell us what it was until after we ate it. But...I hate to say that it was delicious. :)

This Sunday in our ward we had a change in bishopric! Our bishop served for 7 years and now we have a new one! His name is Bishop Lescano. He is super humble and loving and I think he will be an excellent bishop here in Echesortu.

I love the mission and everything I am learning! I learned so much from my scripture this last week, Omni 1:26. I learned that they only way we can be saved, spiritually or physically, is through Jesus Christ. He loves us and knows us individually. He is there for us always, no matter what we are going through. My scripture this week is 3 Nephi 14:20. I already have it memorized... ;) We will see how the ponderizing goes.

I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment