Monday, September 14, 2015

Rosario. Vamos.

That is a hot dog. Yes, it comes with fries on top. Hermana Ribeiro!

Well, I will be the first to say it is VERY different working in a big city than in a little tiny town. Really different. But it is a good different. I am learning very different things here that I wouldn't learn anywhere else.

To be honest with you guys...we don't have hardly any investigators. We are working a lot with menos activos and helping them come back to church. The problem is that when people live in a big city, they are always busy. They are always working or buying something and get home super late at night. So...they are never home when we go to visit them. It's not that they don't want to listen, it's just that they literally don't have time to listen. It is kind of a problem.

We are teaching the Fuentes Family. They are less actives. The mom is in the process of getting a divorce and in the whole process stopped going to church. The members didn't help her out very much, so she slowly stopped going. We are teaching them the missionary lessons so that they can remember the testimonies they have and remember the importance of keeping the commandments and coming to church. They are super great and I hope we can keep helping them. We also taught Hermana Olga. She has started coming back church, but she has a problem with smoking. It is super great that she has come back and wants to make the change because that is the first step in the process. I know that she will be able to do it and we are here to help her. :) We are also looking for a new apartment. Our apartment is really small and has no ventilation.......so we are searching. We found a couple that we like, so we are going to hopefully move pretty soon.

On Sunday, I was able to gave a talk here in my new ward. I talked about that the Book of Mormon always talks about the missionaries. It tells about the stories and the conversions of the people and the miracles that they performed. But......if there were missionaries that whole time...obviously there were members. And what did the members do this whole time? I talked about Amulek, Abish, and Aminadab. Amulek left with Alma the missionary and helped share the gospel. Abish ran from door to door sharing her testimony. Aminadab (Helaman 5:35-42), a less active, was able to testify what the missionaries said and the investigators were able to pray and get rid of the darkness. These people were normal members that shared their testimonies. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and missionary work. It isn't just for missionaries. It is for everyone.

My companion is teaching me so much. She is so humble and willing to work. She will do anything the Lord wants her to do. She is so patient and loving. She told me she wants to learn english, so I am teaching her. This will be her third language. She is awesome!!!! That's about it. I hope everyone has a great week! I love you all!!!!!!

Love,
Hermana Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment