Monday, November 9, 2015

We Moved

My mates. :)
My companion........ :)
We moved...again!
Our new house!!!! :)
I still fit in my jeans! That is a big accomplishment. ;)

Well, this week was full of surprises! We weren't able to work as much as we wanted because we moved!!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!! Haha, this is the second time in my mission that I have stayed in the same area, but we have changed houses. I guess I'm an expert now. ;) But our new house is so much better! In our old house, we didn't have windows.......but now we have a balcony and another window so that the air flows throughout the whole house. And just in time, because things are heating up here and it is really hot. So we are super glad we moved. :)

However.........we have had a few problems in our new house. The things that heats up the water (I don't know what it is called in english) started leaking, so we had to find a huge bucket to put underneath so that could actually leave and teach people. We have also had some problems paying all the things and that takes some time. But now, everything is set and we are ready to keep working!

Melisa and Guillermo are doing awesome! They are reading the Book of Mormon together and praying to know if it is true. One day they were reading outside and a random guy came up and started pointing at the book and said, "Stars, stars, stars, stars..." Haha, they didn't know if that was their answer or no..but it was pretty funny. :) They both came to church on Sunday! They really liked the sacrament meeting and felt really comfortable. The ward helped a ton and really helped them feel welcome, and we were really grateful for that. They are awesome! :)

We need to find all of our other investigators this next week, but they are all super great. I am loving this area and I am learning a lot from my new companion! I am learning to be humble, patient, trustworthy, loving, non-judgemental, and willing to do anything in order to help her feel good. I am super grateful for the mission and everything I have learned and all the experiences my Heavenly Father has given me!

I loved ponderizing Alma 6:6 this week because I feel like our ward is finally putting into practice what this scripture says. they are praying for our investigators and trying to help them come closer to Christ. As members, we should always try and share the gospel, no matter the circumstance. This week I am going to study D&C 130:2. It is a very beautiful scripture.

I love you all!!!! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Hermana Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment