Monday, November 23, 2015

And it starts all over again

My bored face.

So...once upon a time...my companion fell in a hole and twisted both her ankles and we had to rest from Thursday to Sunday because she couldn't walk. So that was a fun time. I am very grateful that Heavenly Father is VERY patient and He knows that we are humans and sometimes we can't do everything we need to, but His work still moves forward, even if we can leave the house. It's amazing really.

Despite everything, we were able to visit Melisa and Guillermo! They are finally understanding the importance of only having one church that has the authority of God on the earth because, like is says in Ephesians, there is ONE lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism. Because God is the same yesterday, today, and forever and His church will not change. They are super great and they tell us they feel something inside that they can't explain when we are with them and want to keep learning more. Guillermo said the closing prayer of the lesson and asked God if this is the path they should take for their family. I am grateful for them! We weren't able to visit Carina and Gabi because my companion was hurting from her feet. But we called them and they said they are doing well and super excited for us to come back. Really, Heavenly Father prepares the people that are ready to hear the gospel.

Other than that, I have been reading and learning a lot. That is probably the best part of having to stay in home, you get to read a whole lot more. :) The scripture I ponderized this week was Helaman 10:4. I love this scripture because Heavenly Father is very proud of His son, Nephi, for everything that he did to help the work go forth. He trusts Nephi that He will never ask for anything that is contrary to His will. I want to be like Nephi and have my Heavenly Father's confidence in me.

We also had the Stake Conference here in Rosario Oeste! Francisco Viñas, the area seventy, came to our chapel and gave an amazing talk about the atonement. He said that the ONLY way we can live with Heavenly Father again is through Jesus Christ. If we don't repent, and we get to the end and pay for all of our sins, we still won't be able to live with God again because Jesus is the only one that can overcome the justice with mercy. It was very profound and I learned a lot. We also got a new stake president, and hopefully he will do a good job! The best part of all is that Cañada de Gomez is in the same stake as Echesortu, so I was able to see all the member from Cañada and I was SO happy to see them! I love them all so much!!!!

I love you all!
Love,
Hermana Wood :)

No comments:

Post a Comment